Headlines News :
Home » , , , , » Q&A: What is the best way to catalog the pictures which are stored on your backup DVDs?

Q&A: What is the best way to catalog the pictures which are stored on your backup DVDs?

Written By eXploration on Friday, July 27, 2012 | 8:56 PM

Question by George C: What is the best way to catalog the pictures which are stored on your backup DVDs?
I have about 200G of high-res images/photos backed up on DVDs. What's the best way to catalog them? I'm looking for something similar to Picasa which would allow me to view the index/thumbnails and once I decide I need a high-rez version it'll tell me the label of the disk where the image is stored.

Best answer:

Answer by Benny
I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you George but I did want to mention I highly recommend you consider hard drive based offsite storage rather than DVD's simply because you have so much data - I'm betting those images are very important to you.

Something like iDrive.com or one of the other online backup companies.

If you are unable or unwilling to do something like that I hope you are storing those DVD's offsite some place like a safe deposit box.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

You may also want to read :

Q&A: What is the best way to catalog the pictures which are stored on your backup DVDs?catalog????How can I make a catalog of some products at home?Q&A: A computer program to catalog my recipes?Where can I order a catalog about kitchen remodeling?

View the original article here

Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Blogger Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. eXploraTion - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Sylhet News Published by eCommerce Hosting