Headlines News :
Home » , , , , , , » Q&A: Why would I need 3DSecure technology for my online payments? I use X-Cart shop and Authorize.Net.?

Q&A: Why would I need 3DSecure technology for my online payments? I use X-Cart shop and Authorize.Net.?

Written By eXploration on Thursday, March 29, 2012 | 9:08 AM

Question by lets.gowest: Why would I need 3DSecure technology for my online payments? I use X-Cart shop and Authorize.Net.?
You see, my online shop is X-Cart, and my customers pay with credit cards via Authorize.Net. Now X-cart released new version (http://www.x-cart.com/news/4.1.9_released.html), so I read "3DSecure transactions support enabled" in my payment module. What is 3DSecure at all?

I mean, I've been told that my current payment system has been secure enough, for all the time in the past. Then, why would I need this '3ds support' at all?

I really need to know this, to decide to upgrade or not. All other features which they added to this new v.9 ain't really interesting to me. But security is what I'm concerned about.
Who can explain what exactly 3dsecure improves? Is it some pure-technical stuff which is hard to explain for non-programmer?

My point is, I use my gateway in X-Cart, how will it change if I upgrade? May be some user of 4.1.9 know? What's new there in admin backend? Like a checkbox "enable 3DSecure" for your gateway?

Best answer:

Answer by Colinc
There is a continuing move towards tighter security using more complex encryption systems, as this reduces the risk of information theft. There will always be the risk of a simple change in any software creating a security hole, the more you tighten the system, the less likely it is for someone to find and use such a hole.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

You may also want to read :

Is it safe to sell to Spain and Argentina from my ecommerce website? I use a shopping cart and authorize.net?Turn Your WordPress Blog into an Online Shop or Affiliate Store with ShopperPressTesco online grocery shopOnline Store?how Can I use something like quick mask in Paint Shop Pro?

View the original article here

Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Blogger Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. eXploraTion - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Sylhet News Published by eCommerce Hosting